From childcare to customer service, our company work extremely hard to guarantee the highest standards of care. We ensure that all of our staff are experienced, qualified and eager to provide the best possible experience for the children. Our excellent management team also add to the great dynamic we have developed which ensures everything will operate efficiently and with ease. Everything we do at School of Play correlates with our four core values, passion, quality, teamwork, and innovation, which slot together to make up the blueprints of our trusted company.
School of Play offer childcare that is unique to any other and we understand that to keep children excited and engaged, our team have to provide new methods of play, daily! With a number of team meetings and continuous communication between the children, staff and managers, we have developed a great understanding of what the children enjoy. From creepy-crawly workshops to interactive activities, our company cater to each child’s preference of play to ensure that every child is constantly engaged when in our care. It is also important to note that School of Play is a technology-free zone, which we believe creates a social environment that the children will love and thrive in. We make sure to use our expertise and knowledge of childcare to guarantee our service fits your School and all the individuals within it. We always take on board if there is ever anything that a child, parent or teacher would like to see us do more often and implement these changes where we can, as quickly as we can.
Our team are the heart of our company and individually embody each of our values to the highest degree. Their passion for the children’s care and development is outstanding, and this, in turn, assists in building confidence and other important skills for them to take into their lives in and outside of school. Our enthusiastic team aim to inspire and encourage the children to reach their greatest potential by working together to create an ideal environment for their growth.
A Warm Welcome
Upon choosing us as your school’s wraparound childcare provider, you will receive a meeting with the management team, be introduced to all members of staff that will be working on your premises and get to ask us any questions you may have about our service. We offer a viewing of our other settings, to ensure you are familiar with our services and how we run our clubs. The team will ask for a tour of the classroom/hall or space we will be using to ensure we can provide the highest quality care possible.
Being based in your school, our space creates an accessible environment for parents and children attending the school and schools in the surrounding area. We offer termly bookings for parents with set 9-5 timetables and Ad-hoc bookings for those who may find themselves looking for last-minute childcare.
We also have recently updated our bookings systems to a user-friendly online system, which offers a simple way of managing all current and future bookings. It provides 24/7 live availability and allows parents to set up monthly instalments using multiple payment methods (including childcare vouchers). It also gives instant access to invoices, instalment plans, and accident/incident report forms.
School of Play has developed a close relationship with our founder school Urmston Primary which allows us to communicate with teachers and other members of staff at the setting. This enables us to deepen our understanding of the children’s daily routine and assists us in planning engaging and interesting play for the After School Club, that works hand in hand with their typical school day. Communication is key!
As well as Urmston Primary School, we have connections to multiple primary schools around Manchester through our sister brand School of Sport. These connections allow us to provide extra opportunities, knowledge and access to high-quality sports coaching services.
Benefits to your school
- Additional revenue (Up to £12,000 per year).
- 30 hours of FREE sports coaching for the school provided by our sister company School of Sport (worth £600).
- 6 hours of FREE Yoga classes for your teachers delivered by one of our qualified instructors.
- No hassle (leave it all to us – easy booking system).
- Trusted Provider (together with our sister brand School of Sport we have experience working in over 40 schools).
- Tailored Programme (specific to your school’s needs).
- Access to a high-quality sports coaching service in our sister brand School of Sport.
- Our team develop a strong working relationship with teachers.
Benefits to your parents
- Easy to use online booking system (24/7 live availability and booking).
- Multiple payment options including childcare vouchers.
- Engaging and enthusiastic staff.
- Social interaction for children.
- Variety of fun activities, workshops, themes and shows.
- We create a friendly and welcoming environment (home from home).
- Convenient childcare option.
Launching Process (Full school term)
- Introductory meeting and site visit
- Invitation to one of our current settings (currently not available due to COVID)
- Contractual agreement
- Parent survey to assess the viability
- Contracts prepared & signed
- Set up Ofsted registration
- Recruitment & training of staff
- Purchasing of relevant equipment for the setting
- Setting added to our online booking system
- Promotion of the club (brochures, flyers, posters etc)
- Welcome pack for parents that have signed up
- Opening day
To make an enquiry on behalf of your school please complete the enquiry form below.