Whilst COVID 19 is still very apparent, School of Play aim to keep the school, parents and children reassured and safe at all times. As a company, we are taking the relevant steps to ensure we can still provide an excellent service whilst operating safely under the guidelines provided by both the Government and DfE.
We will be doing everything we can to prevent the spread of the virus within our setting, whilst still maintaining a level of fun and normality for the children.
It’s important to remember that if your child experiences any symptoms please do not bring them into the club and inform us as soon as possible, you should then book them a test immediately. Should a child test positive, every other student and staff member within their bubble will likely need to self-isolate for 14 days.
Protective measures from September
- Children will be grouped into small, consistent bubbles and bubbles will not mix throughout the session.
- We have introduced a contactless sign in/out process using our new online booking system.
- One parent/carer pick up and drop off policy is in place.
- No parents/carers will enter the school premises.
- Our staff will remain within the same bubble during each session where possible.
- Every child will sanitise their hands on arrival and exit using the hand gel provided.
- Snack times will be staggered to enable children to socially distance whilst sat at the table. Where possible, there will be at least one seat in-between each child.
- Children will use their own plate and cup, washed thoroughly with hot water and soap after use—no shared plates to take food from.
- We will be introducing greatly enhanced daily cleaning routines, including regular cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- We will be ensuring good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Where possible, all spaces will be well ventilated using natural ventilation (opening windows) or ventilation units.
- Minimising contact and mixing by altering, as much as possible, the environment (such as layout) and timetables (such as allowing for sufficient changeover time to clean the area between different classes or groups of children and ensuring areas do not become overcrowded).
- Children and staff will be advised to converse quietly as the chance of spread can increase when singing, chanting, shouting or conversing loudly.
- Equipment provided will be adapted for hygiene reasons.
Due to guidelines being changed regularly, we may need to change the measures we implement at the club; we will always communicate this to parents where possible.
If your child is showing symptoms
Please do not bring your child to the club if they are showing any symptoms of COVID-19, the main things to look out for are:
- High temperature – this means they feel hot to touch on their chest or back
- New or continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if they usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss or change to a sense of smell or taste – this means they’ve noticed they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Additional guidance for parents can be found here:
What happens to the sessions I have paid for if the school closes due to the pandemic?
In the event of a full school closure, we will defer booked sessions within this time frame via a credit note on your account. No direct cash refunds will be given for these sessions. If you pay via monhtly instalments, you will still be required to pay during the school closure period; however, the instalments will reduce to reflect the credit applied to your account.
What happens to the sessions I have paid if only my child needs to self-isolate?
Unfortunately, if your child needs to self-isolate due to someone in their household or support bubble testing positive, we will not provide refunds or deferrals.
What happens if my child’s class need to isolate?
Unfortunately, if your child’s class needs to isolate due to a positive case, we will not provide refunds or deferrals.