By agreeing to these terms & conditions you consent to your child taking part in all activities at School of Play under the current circumstances surrounding the covid-19 pandemic.
Although adequate safety measures will be in place in line with the government guidelines, you accept there is a chance your child may unknowingly contract the virus.
You also accept that if anyone within your child’s bubble contracts the virus it is likely that your child/children will not be allowed to return to school or our wraparound care for a period of 14 days, and that any sessions owed during this time will be deferred to a later date and not refunded.
Registration must be done through our online booking system – https://schoolofplay.magicbooking.co.uk/
You will be required to pay a £15 one-off registration fee the first time you book your child’s place which will be added to your account as a charge once you’ve made your first booking.
Please use the following link to create an account and follow the steps outlined below:
The first step once you have created a login is to add your child/children’s details to the account, this will provide us with all the important information we need and will enable you to easily book them onto a session.
2. Making a booking
- Select the activity you wish to book i.e. Breakfast & After School Club
- Choose the sessions you require i.e. breakfast, after school, days of the week.
- Select your child’s start date and end date (a full academic year is an option)
(Please note school holidays, inset days and bank holidays have all been factored into the calendar so you will not be charged for these sessions)
- The total fee for the booking will be calculated and automatically include any discounts i.e. sibling, full week etc.
- Please select next to be taken to a checkout page where your booking will be displayed, you will then have the option to select your preferred payment method i.e. childcare vouchers, card payment, etc
- You can also choose to pay the fee in one lump sum or select an instalment plan
- Instalment plans can be set up with both vouchers and/or card payments (together if you wish)
- You will need to make the first payment at the time of the booking and will have 1 hour to process this before the booking is cancelled, you would then need to start the process again
3. Setting up a payment plan with vouchers
- When you get to the checkout you need to select ‘payment plan’ and choose the childcare provider you would like to pay with. Monthly instalments will then be displayed for the duration of your booking.
- You will then automatically receive a monthly invoice for the amount due each month, at this point you will need go onto your childcare voucher account and make the payment to us by using the relevant voucher codes provided here – https://www.schoolofplay.org.uk/payment-options/
- We will then check the payment and manually mark down that you have paid each month. We understand voucher payments take a few days to process so you will have until 7th of each month for this to reach our account.5. Confirming your booking
- Once you have made your booking an automatic invoice will be generated which you can access on your account at anytime, should you choose to pay in instalments a payment reminder will be sent 7 days before the next payment is due. If you received this reminder but have already processed a childcare voucher payment, please ignore the automated reminder.
Payment & Fees
Fees are required in advance and can be paid in one lump sum or monthly instalments via credit/debit card, childcare vouchers, or standing order (or a combination). Monthly instalments will be calculated by the total sum of your booking and spread out evenly over the number of months your booking consist of. Bookings must be over a 60 day period to be eligible for an instalment plan and you can choose the date on which your instalments will be taken. At the time of making a booking, you will have to process a payment to secure a place if you are paying with credit or debit card. Once you have made your booking an automatic invoice will be generated which you can access on your account at any time, should you choose to pay in instalments a payment reminder will be sent 7 days before the next payment is due. If you receive this reminder but have already processed a childcare voucher payment, please ignore the automated reminder.
Fees are required at the time of making a booking and can be paid via credit/debit card or childcare vouchers. If you choose to make payment with vouchers you will not be asked for a payment from the system, however, you will need to login to your childcare voucher account once you have made a booking and process payment. Failure to process a childcare voucher payment within 24 hours may result in your child’s place being cancelled. We will allow 5-7 working days for childcare voucher payments to reach us once it has been processed.
School of Play reserves the right to increase fees when necessary.
If fees are not received within the 7 days of your chosen payment date a £5 charge will be added to your account. If fees are not paid within 10 days your child’s place may be cancelled until payment has been made. When paying with childcare vouchers we understand this can take up to 5-7 days to be paid into our bank account, so charges will not be applied if we can see the payment in our childcare account.
10% discount is offered to anyone booking siblings into one of our clubs. Siblings must be attending on the same day. If making full-week bookings for siblings, only a further 5% discount will be applied to the already discounted rate.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
School of Play requires 4 weeks’ notice to completely cancel a registered place in our breakfast and after school club, this can be done via your online account here. Please be aware that should you cancel any sessions with less than 4 weeks notice your account won’t be credited.
We will allow an exchange of services within the same week but we must be given more than 48 hours’ notice prior to the original day of the booking, this is also subject to availability.
If you wish to cancel individual days within a booking the following rules apply:
- Cancellations up to 7 days before will incur a fee of 25% of the price.
- Cancellations up to 3-7 days before will incur a fee of 50% of the price.
- Cancellations with less than 72 hours notice will not be refunded (only an exchange of services within the same term will be offered – this will also be subject to availability)
If any School of Play club is forced to close due to the compulsory closure of its premises by order of the government or any other authority (e.g. School, Local Authority, Environmental Health Etc), due to bad weather (e.g. Snow, Flood, Heating problems etc), a disease outbreak (e.g. Influenza, Meningitis), Industrial Action (teaching strike etc) or for any other reason, customers will still be liable for any fees due / paid, during the entire period of closure.
If a child is absent due to illness or any other reason, customers will still be liable for any fees due / paid. In extenuating circumstances, refunds or exchange of services may be offered.
The cancellation policy also applies to holiday clubs (including School of Sport) and other events.
Drop off & Collection
Children will be signed in or out on our electronic register when attending School of Play.
COVID-19 update: no parents will enter the school premises when dropping off or collecting their children.
Ad hoc bookings
We accept ad-hoc bookings subject to availability, which can be viewed on our online system.
Late Collection Fees
School of Play reserve the right to charge a fee for late collection. If a child is collected after the closing time, the parent/guardian will be subject to an immediate charge of £5 per child. An additional £5 will be charged for every 15 minutes after the collection time, any fees will be added to your online account and will need to be paid within 5 days. Repeat late collection may result in a child’s place being cancelled without a refund for the remaining sessions given.
Absence & Illness
If a child is off school for any reason, please inform us as soon as possible to avoid concerns over missing children. No refunds or exchange of services will be offered if a child is off sick. If a child isn’t well enough to attend or has contracted an infectious illness, we ask that parents do not send their children to School of Play. If a child becomes ill during our club we reserve the right to contact a parent/guardian to arrange collection.
Food & Drink
Food and drink will be provided to every child at our breakfast and after school clubs at no extra cost. These will include water, toast, bagels, brioche, croissants, breadsticks, rice cakes, potato cakes, fruit, veg, pancakes, scones, biscuits, crackers, teacakes, yoghurts & more. A weekly menu will be displayed at each club but if your child consistently does not like the food on offer please inform a member of staff and we will ensure an alternative option is given. If your child has an allergy or intolerance to specific food, please also ask a member of staff to arrange an alternative option.
Weekly activity timetables will be displayed at the club but are subject to change, refunds or compensation will not be given if changes are made.
School of Play staff have a duty to respond if they suspect a child may be suffering from abuse or if a child discloses information of abuse, in this event staff will contact the relevant local authority and act on their advice. Parents will have to provide 3 nominated individuals who can collect their child from School of Play, under no circumstances will a child be allowed to leave with anyone else unless prior arrangements have been made and we have been informed. In this case the unknown person will also have to give a child’s ‘collection password’ on arrival.
Children should not bring valuable toys and belongings when attending our clubs. School of Play cannot be held responsible if they go missing. We cannot guarantee the return of lost property but will do our best to return items on request. If items are not claimed after 4 weeks they will be given to a local charity shop.
Your Child’s Information
At the time of booking a child onto any of our breakfast & after school clubs, accurate information about your child’s DOB, medical conditions, physical or behavioural matters, or any other additional needs must be provided on the registration form. Failure to do so may result in the child being excluded from certain activities. In some circumstances we may have to cancel the booking and no refund will be paid.
If your child requires medication of any sort you must complete a health care plan when creating your online account with us and provide a supply of medication at the club.
Accidents & Incidents
If necessary, School of Play reserves the right to administer basic first aid treatment to a child. Parents will be informed of all accidents via our online parent booking system. Accidents of a more serious nature involving hospital treatment or any head injuries, all attempts will be made to contact the parents but failing this the club requires consent to act on behalf of the parents to authorise any necessary treatment. Incidents involving a child will also be logged and parents will be informed.
Photo & Video footage
We may take photo and video footage at our clubs to use for training and promotional purposes. To exclude your child we must be informed when completing the registration form at the time of booking, you will be given the option to answer ‘yes or no’ to both photography and video footage. Where possible, we will post photos to our social media platforms and our website for parents to view, however, we cannot guarantee your child will appear on these.
We accept all childcare voucher payments for our clubs, please allow up to 5 working days for these payments to reach us and use your child’s name as a reference where possible. If paying with Tax-Free Childcare, please notify us of the long reference number so we can identify and allocate this payment.
All children in our care are covered by our public liability insurance.
Abuse to staff
The threat or use of physical violence, verbal abuse, intimidation, or harassment towards our staff is likely to result in termination of your child’s place. Such incidents may be reported to the police.
If you were not satisfied with the services provided by School of Play, we would appreciate the feedback. Please email any complaints to Sophie on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst a child attends a breakfast & after school club and for a period of 12 months after, the customer shall not directly or indirectly solicit any employee working in any capacity for School of Play.
Social Media Competitions – Terms & Conditions
The promoter is School of Play Mcr Ltd (company no 11991275) whose registered office is at 33 Sevenoaks Avenue, Urmston, Manchester.
- Competitions are open to those who have children that attend Urmston Primary School and are aged 18 years or over except employees of School of Play and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter our competitions unless stated otherwise.
- By entering a competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via our social media channels.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for any competition will be provided on the social media advertisement. After this date, the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend a competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to a competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winner will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and/or its agents as a result of a popular vote conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by Promoter and/or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/Facebook and/or email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- A competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- School of Play will judge the competition and decide on the winner for each competition, which will be picked at random from all complete entries.
- School of Play’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- The entrant must be following @schoolofplaymcr on relevant social media platform in order to enter.
- School of Play shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- School of Play also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
School of Play is the trading name of School of Play Mcr Ltd (Company number: 11991275)