“Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four hours sharpening the axe.” Abraham Lincoln
Here at School of Play, personal development is something we are great believers in. All of our team are encouraged to actively get involved in continuous learning, and we’ve seen the positive effects of this filter down to the children at our breakfast, after school, and holiday clubs. Whether it’s reading 10 pages per day of a great book on mindset, childcare, leadership, health, or finance, or simply listening to 10 minutes of a positive audiobook or podcast on your way to work, it all adds up over time and has a compounding effect. For example, reading 10 pages per day really doesn’t take too much time or effort, but it will equate to around 15-20 books over the course of a year. Presuming the books being read are on the right topics, this will only add to the quality of an individual’s work and the amount of value they can bring to our organisation.
Below are some recommendations from our team.
- The Leader Who Had No Title – Robin Sharma
- The 5am Club – Robin Sharma
- Mindset – Carol Dweck
- The Slight Edge – Jeff Olson
- Why We Sleep – Matthew Walker
- The High-Performance Podcast w/ Sir Clive Woodward
- The High-Performance Podcast w/ Phil Neville
- The High-Performance Podcast w/ Michelle Mone
- On Purpose – Jay Shetty w/ Robin Sharma